Principles of Personal Data Protection
The ambition of our company, FilmBooster IP s.r.o., Identification no.: 173 32 460, with its registered office at Londýnská 730/59, Prague 2 – Vinohrady, Postal Code 120 00, entered in the Commercial Register administrated by the Municipal Court in Prague, reg. no. C 370062, is to be an exemplary entity that practices social responsibility, thanks to which no misuse of personal data will occur. We place emphasis on honesty and comprehensibility and our objective is to create, together with you, a strong and lasting relationship based on trust. Part of this objective consists in the protection of and respect for your privacy. Respecting your privacy is of crucial importance to us. Therefore, we have prepared this document, by means of which we inform you of how we handle your personal data on the website at https://www.filmbooster.co.uk/ (hereinafter referred to as the “Website”) and the principles to which we adhere in protecting your personal data (hereinafter referred to as the “Principles”).
1. IDENTIFICATION DATA AND CONTACT DATA OF THE CONTROLLER
The personal data controller within the meaning of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) (hereinafter referred to as the “Regulation”) is the company FilmBooster IP s.r.o., Identification no.: 173 32 460, with its registered office at Londýnská 730/59, Prague 2 – Vinohrady, Postal Code 120 00, entered in the Commercial Register administrated by the Municipal Court in Prague, reg. no. C 370062 (hereinafter referred to as the “Controller” or “we”).
Correspondence address of the Controller: FilmBooster IP s.r.o., Londýnská 730/59, Prague 2 – Vinohrady, Postal Code 120 00
2. PLEDGES OF PRIVACY PROTECTION
1) We respect your privacy and your choices.
2) We ensure that each of our activities involves protection of privacy and safety.
3) We will send you marketing communications of our partners and other third parties only based on your express consent. You can withdraw such consent at any time.
4) We will never offer or sell your personal data to third parties.
5) Our objective is to keep your data secure and protected. This means that we cooperate only with trustworthy partners.
6) We strive to be open and transparent with respect to how we use your personal data.
7) We do not use your personal data in any way that you have not been informed about in advance.
8) We respect your rights and we always strive to fulfil your requirements to the greatest possible extent in accordance with our legal and operational responsibilities.
9) If you share your personal data with us or if we collect your personal data, we will use it in accordance with these Principles. If you have any questions or suggestions pertaining to your personal data, please contact us via the contact form.
3. PERSONAL DATA
Personal data is understood to be any information or data on the basis of which it would be possible to identify you either directly (e.g. your name) or indirectly (e.g. by means of data in a pseudonymised form, such as a unique identification number). This means that personal data includes data such as e-mail/correspondence addresses, mobile telephone numbers, user names, profile photographs, personal preferences and user-generated content, financial data and information pertaining to physical characteristics. Such data also includes unique numeric identification data such as the IP address of your computer or the MAC address of your mobile device and cookie files.
4. SCOPE OF PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
We process personal data only in the following cases:
- If you are registered as a user in the user portal of the Website that we operate.
- If you grant to us your special consent to the sharing of your personal data with our business partners or other third parties for the purpose of sending you offers of sales, goods and services or customer-satisfaction surveys or other consumer contests.
- If you visit the Website and you do not have all cookies disabled in your web browser.
A) Processing of the personal data of registered users of the Website
If you have decided to register in the portal as a user of the Website, we will process your personal data for the purpose of providing the service consisting in displaying and sending up-to-date information about new films, series, television shows, prepared film and audio-visual screenings and other preferential price offers relating to cinematic, television and other film events based on your preferences stated in the course of registration or at any other time in the settings of your profile (hereinafter referred to as the “Service”). For this purpose, we need to process your personal data in the scope in which you provide it when registering in the portal. This primarily concerns the following personal data, if the user has provided it :
- name and surname
- date of birth
- contact information
- country and district of residence
- film-preference settings in your user portal
- your behaviour in the user portal
We process the aforementioned personal data solely for the purpose of providing the Service, on the basis of your selected criteria, and for the period of time in which you are registered as a user of the portal on the Website. You can cancel your registration on the Website at any time by requesting the deletion of your profile using the contact form. At the moment of deletion of your profile, we will delete your personal data and no longer process it.
B) Transfer of your personal data to our business partners
If you have participated in a contest on our Website and, when entering the contest, you granted us separate consent , in the event that you win such contest we will transfer your personal data to other business partners for the purpose of handing over the prize and for sending various relevant offers of services and products in the area of cinema. Upon request, we will provide to you a complete list of business partners to which your personal data will be transferred. With your consent thus granted, we will transfer the following personal data in particular:
- name and surname
- contact information
The above-mentioned personal data will be transferred only for the purpose stated above and will thus be processed only until your consent has been withdrawn. You can withdraw your consent at any time using the contact form.
Common provisions for parts A) and B)
We primarily process personal data ourselves and by our own means. In some cases, however, personal data may be processed by other processors who provide us with software, services and applications, such as providers of cloud services, e-mail or other software tools and IT infrastructure. In cases when, in this context, personal data is transferred outside of the European Union (in particular, to cloud servers in the United States), we transfer the data on the basis of appropriate guarantees, particularly standard contractual clauses. Without your consent, we will not transfer your personal data to any of our business partners whose offers we disseminate.
With respect to the processing of your personal data, you have the following rights in relation to us:
- The right of access to personal data: you have the right to obtain information on whether your personal data is being processed and, if so, you also have the right to gain access to your personal data. However, in the event of unreasonable, disproportionate or repeated requests, we shall be authorised to charge a proportionate fee for a copy of the provided personal data or to reject the given request (the above applies similarly in the case of exercising the rights set forth below).
- The right to correct inaccurate personal data and to supplement incomplete personal data: if you feel that we are processing inaccurate or incomplete personal data pertaining to you, you have the right to request that such data be corrected and/or supplemented. We will carry out correction and supplementation of your personal data without undue delay, though always with respect to our technical capabilities. You can exercise this right at any time, particularly by modifying and correcting your personal data in the settings of your user profile on the Website.
- The right to deletion: if you request deletion, we will delete your personal data if (i) the data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed, (ii) processing of such data is illegal, (iii) you raise objections against processing and there are no prevailing legitimate reasons for processing your personal data, or (iv) we are legally obligated to carry out deletion of your personal data. You can exercise this right at any time by requesting the deletion of your entire user profile using the contact form.
- The right to restrict the processing of personal data: if you request restriction of processing, we will make your personal data inaccessible, temporarily remove or store it or carry out other processing operations that are necessary for the proper exercise of the invoked right.
- The right to data portability: if you want us to transfer your personal data to a third-party entity, you can exercise your right to data portability. In the event that the exercise of this right would unfavourably affect the rights and freedoms of other persons, we will not be able to honour your request.
- The right to raise objections: you have the right to raise objections against the processing of personal data that is processed for the purposes of fulfilling a task performed in the public interest or in the exercise of public authority or for the purposes of protecting the legitimate interests of the Controller. In the event that we do not demonstrate any legitimate reason for processing that outweighs your interest or rights and freedoms, we will cease processing your personal data on the basis of your objection without undue delay.
The right to file a complaint with the supervisory body: if you are dissatisfied with the manner in which we process personal data or the manner in which we provide information on processing, you have the right to contact the supervisory authority, which in the Czech Republic is the Office for Personal Data Protection, at the following address:
Office for Personal Data Protection
Pplk. Sochora 27
170 00 Prague 7
You can exercise your rights in relation to the Controller at any time by means of the contact form, or at the address of the Controller’s registered office set forth above.
Published by FilmBooster IP s.r.o.
Date: 1 January 2023